South Canterbury Returned & Services Association

RSA-Events
RSA-BecomeMember

RSA-facebook

RSA-HappyHour

South Canterbury RSA History

altRSA member Captain Douglas W Hodge, 12 Platoon, Wellington, West Coast Company, 19th (Wellington Infantry Battalion, 2NZEF) compiled a brief history of the SC RSA before he died.

On the 25th May 1916, the SC RSA made its debut as the South Canterbury Returned Soldiers’ Association.  The Club thrived in rooms on Church Street, Timaru.

The Association’s current site was opened on 30th August 1975.

The SC RSA has over 1,100 members.  There are 125 Returned and 301 Service men and women on our data base. Returned are those members who have fought in an overseas conflict or war and have been awarded campaign medals.  Service refers to those who have served in the military but have never been involved in a conflict or war.  The balance of our members are associate members.

 

SCRSA Facebook

Contact Us

South Canterbury RSA
21 Wai-iti Road, Timaru
P O Box 15, Timaru, 7910

Phone: 03 688 4123
Email: admin@scrsa.co.nz

 

You are here:
Home About The RSA The SCRSA The SCRSA History